Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Post Thanks / Like

Utterly OT: Americans travelling abroad

Can I ask Americans and Canadians on this board (and actually other nationalities, it would be interesting for me to know) what the general feeling in your country is right now regarding travel abroad.

Specifically I'm thinking about working abroad. How do people feel - generally - about packing up and going overseas to say South Korea or China or Asia in general for work?
    ~ le prime di di mont la vacja no fas formadi ~

Owner / Senior Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    What does "OT" mean? Off-topic?

Also, I'd have NO problem w/ it if I didn't have family here. That makes it hard. I love to travel...I just became a member of RCI so I could see the world. I want my daughter to be exposed to the cultures and history of the world.
    -=]Apokalupsis[=-
    Senior Administrator
    -------------------------

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband is from Japan and would like to return someday, mainly just for a visit...I've told him no only because I tend to get unnerved in new settings. Aside from that (and the expense involved with travelling with 3 small children), I would love to see other parts of the world. But as for right now, I wouldn't go; he's talking about going to Arizona for school, and even that I've turned my nose up at.... too far away :(
    Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers.--Voltaire