Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Post Thanks / Like

DON'T FORGET SPOILER TAGS!!! : Read This Before You Post In This Forum

Rather than doing all the work myself, I'll just post Apok's dissertation which he embedded in one of the threads some time back...

Quote Originally Posted by Apokalupsis
    If you are asking a question, feel free to do so and it will be answered accordingly. If you are submitting the answer, please use the "spoil tag" so that others may continue workin on the riddle (in case you get it right). I'll answer if your submission is correct or not...

The "spoiler tag" prevents you from seeing it immediately in the post as it is "hidden text"...only viewable when you select to read it.
    PHP Code:
    You can use the spoiler tag by typing [SPOILER]at the beginning of the text you need to hide and [/SPOILERat the end of this text
    (and, no, the tag is not php, it's bb code...I just used the php tag to keep the spoiler tag from working in this instance )

Even simpler, unless you are using the quick reply interface, you can hit the black button that says "text" in white letters. This button is located just above your text area when replying. You can highlight the text you want to hide, and hit the button, and it will automatically encapsulate your highlighted text with the tags, or you can hit the button first, which will create the beginning and ending tag for you, and then you can just type the text that you want to hide between the tags.
    Last edited by Castle; September 19th, 2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Compatibility update