Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Harassment

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Harassment

    Whats considered harassment? There's a differents between harassment and freedom of speech well there's this girl at school that woudn't and still doesn't know how to leave me alone anyways i posted a website about her that said how much i didn't like her. sense i didn't threaten her she can't sue me for that can she. really shes the only one that would have known about it but she went around the school telling everyone, all this girl does is lie and say mean things to me. Anyways she comes up to me as if i started it and shows me a little paper that says were going to court and this is like four months from when she first tells me were going to go to court well shes the only one with a copy of this paper. wouldn't i have received something in the mail wouldn't they have supeanaed me? Can she sue me for the website?
    Show me a sane man and I'll cure him for you.

    If you love someone you should tell them because hearts are often broken by word's left unspoken

    I bite my tougne everytime you come around because blood in my mouth is better then tears on the ground.

    I'm sorry you seem to have mistaken me for somebody who care's

    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something

  2. #2
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    13,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    No one can sue you for writing about how you feel about them--unless you lie about them, and they can prove that the lie somehow harmed them.

    And you would know if you were supposed to go to court. You would be served with a summons.
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

    HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    thats what i was saying but she was all no and a minor cant sue a minor her parents can sue my parents but could my parents counter sue her parents so turn around and go well this is what your kid is doing.
    Show me a sane man and I'll cure him for you.

    If you love someone you should tell them because hearts are often broken by word's left unspoken

    I bite my tougne everytime you come around because blood in my mouth is better then tears on the ground.

    I'm sorry you seem to have mistaken me for somebody who care's

    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something

  4. #4
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    1,326
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    /me rubs CliveStaples
    "With His dying breath... He saved me, with His wounds... He healed me, with His life... He died for me, although I never met Him, He remembered... me."

    +++=][ShadowKnight][=+++

  5. #5
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,617
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    Yes, you can always counter sue in a civil case. (I beleive?)

    Either way, she has to prove falsity and negligence to the truth.

    Secondly, the Court will send you Summons from the mail, like Clive said.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." --Voltaire

  6. #6
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    13,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    Quote Originally Posted by GP
    Yes, you can always counter sue in a civil case. (I beleive?)
    Yeah, but you'd better have grounds, or else you're gonna have to pay your opponents' legal fees.

    Quote Originally Posted by Britanny
    thats what i was saying but she was all no and a minor cant sue a minor her parents can sue my parents but could my parents counter sue her parents so turn around and go well this is what your kid is doing.
    Hmm. That's a good question: does a minor have standing to bring a lawsuit? At the very least, the minor's parents would have to be involved.

    You wouldn't really need to counter-sue; if you won in court, she would probably have to pay your legal fees. Her claim sounds pretty frivolous at this point; you seem well within your Constitutional free-speech rights.
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

    HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME

  7. #7
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    Sounds like kids being dumb.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    Well fatuitous if its just kid's being dumb why aren't you involved?

    The below text has been automerged with this post.

    heres the link to the website i made about her.
    http://www.hateingcenedra.zoomshare.com/
    Last edited by Brittany; May 5th, 2006 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Show me a sane man and I'll cure him for you.

    If you love someone you should tell them because hearts are often broken by word's left unspoken

    I bite my tougne everytime you come around because blood in my mouth is better then tears on the ground.

    I'm sorry you seem to have mistaken me for somebody who care's

    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something

  9. #9
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    With my Angel in Aurora
    Posts
    5,722
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKnight
    /me rubs CliveStaples
    Dude WTF!?

    Brittany, it isn't harassment you're dealing her. ANd from the site, it doesn't look like slander or anything. So no, I doubt she has grounds to sue.

    Her pestering you all the time might constitute harassment.

    But since you're not a legal adult, I don't believe either you or her has the ability to sue each other.

    MY suggestion, you went about it all wrong. You're supposed to do one of three things:

    1) Start a Myspace page and make fun of her there.
    2) Just deck her.
    3) Deck her, then start a Myspace page and make fun of her.

    *disclaimer*
    violence is bad, any violent suggestions, ideas, musings, or scenarios positted by Mr. Hyde are not to be taken seriously. He's not responsible for your actions. Don't smoke and stay in school (until you graduate).
    But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.
    1 Peter 3:15-16

  10. #10
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In a state of impatience
    Posts
    2,494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    I don't see anything wrong with it except for the fact that you posted in a website intended for adults only.
    Hyde and Sylouette
    Married
    June 30, 2012

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    Thats what i thought and i guess now she has this police report and i'm being sued but i'm yet to get a paper or anything. i got mad and punched my locker instead of her face and broke my fist so i can't punch her know but she was laughing when i was crying and i was like yeah laugh it up will see how funny it is when i take my fist and smash your face.
    Show me a sane man and I'll cure him for you.

    If you love someone you should tell them because hearts are often broken by word's left unspoken

    I bite my tougne everytime you come around because blood in my mouth is better then tears on the ground.

    I'm sorry you seem to have mistaken me for somebody who care's

    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something

  12. #12
    I've been given a "timeout"

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Who are you? Why are you asking me this?
    Posts
    4,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    Your so angry. Smoke the peace-pipe with her. Or eat the peace-candy. Say your sorry, and would really value her freindship. Turn an enemy into an alley. It's so much better for everyone involved. Make freinds with her, chill, and maybe you'll see she isn't so bad after all.


    .....then deck her when she least suspects it muwahahahahaha

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    i can't be her friend i dont want anything to do with her. She's a mean attenion seeking butthead and shes getting attention just the wrong kind.

    The below text has been automerged with this post.

    And at the moment i dont wanna brake my other fist cause i like being able to write and use the bathroom on my own and if i brake my other hand well that won't be good so i'll wait for this one to heal and when it does if she still being stupid i'll punch her and will see how funny she thinks it is then. but if i punch her doesn't she have a reason to sue and press charges?
    Last edited by Brittany; May 5th, 2006 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Show me a sane man and I'll cure him for you.

    If you love someone you should tell them because hearts are often broken by word's left unspoken

    I bite my tougne everytime you come around because blood in my mouth is better then tears on the ground.

    I'm sorry you seem to have mistaken me for somebody who care's

    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something

  14. #14
    I've been given a "timeout"

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Who are you? Why are you asking me this?
    Posts
    4,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    But is she worth hitting, and getting so angry about? She wants attention? Well, what are you giving her by responding to her as you are? If you can't be her freind, at least don't play her game. Be better then her, not stronger, or faster. Sometimes, it's the hero who walks from the fight, and the coward who throws the punchs.


    P.S.- are you sure she's THAT mean? Everybody's got good in them.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    Last time I checked, it's illegal to falsely threaten legal procedings.

    That said,
    Brittany - You will be hugely more mature, and a much better person, if you can just ignore it. Think about it. If you don't care, then all she's doing is making herself look stupid.

    (Disclaimer: I don't know all the background here. But hey, it's still a true sentiment.)

  16. #16
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    13,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidium
    Last time I checked, it's illegal to falsely threaten legal procedings.
    ...really? I don't think so. There are laws against falsifying legal documents, and there are punishments for bringing frivolous lawsuits, but I seriously doubt that saying "Your ass is sued!" is against the law.
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

    HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    But this chick just irritates me so it's to the point where i do stupid stuff like punch my locker. And i can't ignore people it about kills me i always have to have the last word. And if someone says something to me that i dont like you can bet i'm going to say or do something back or maybe i'd just try to get even by making a website about that person. And who said it was illegal to say "I'll sue your ass"?
    Show me a sane man and I'll cure him for you.

    If you love someone you should tell them because hearts are often broken by word's left unspoken

    I bite my tougne everytime you come around because blood in my mouth is better then tears on the ground.

    I'm sorry you seem to have mistaken me for somebody who care's

    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something

  18. #18
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    13,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    Quote Originally Posted by Britanny
    And who said it was illegal to say "I'll sue your ass"?
    Ludicium said:

    ...it's illegal to falsely threaten legal procedings.

    So if you say "I'm gonna sue your ass" but you don't sue and have no intent to sue, according to Lucidium, you've committed a crime.

    You can't let morons get to you, Brittany. So what if she threatens to sue you? She's a moron! That's like a fifth grader threatening to sue you for being tall. It's ridiculous. You have nothing to worry about. Let his jackass continue to make an idiot of herself with this lawsuit nonsense; she's just giving you more fodder for your website.
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

    HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME

  19. #19
    ODN Community Regular

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In a state of impatience
    Posts
    2,494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    Nothing bothers a chick more than laughing in her face. I know it's tough but don't let her get to you. Often when a girl harrasses another....it's because there's jealousy involved. Believe me, I know from years and years of experience. *rolls eyes* And it gets mentally and physically tiring dealing with those kind of people.

    If you're dealing with that now, you're bound to run into that several more times in your life. You don't want to be walking around with broken fists,(which btw, how are you typing these posts babe), all the time.

    There's obviously something this girl is lacking in herself. I always sorta feel sorry for that type. The more attention you feed her, the more she'll wallow in it.

    Wallow??? (I think I just made that up)
    Hyde and Sylouette
    Married
    June 30, 2012

  20. #20
    I've been given a "timeout"

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Who are you? Why are you asking me this?
    Posts
    4,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harassment

    Brittnay, of course. Perfectly understandable. Who dosen't feel that way when someone's mocking you? But all I ask is you try.

    I don't expect you to never slip up. Or even to listen. I just ask you to keep this in mind, even if you this becomes violent. I understand your young, and I gather quite passionate, but you should try to remember even if you beat her up completely, you will gain nothing, and have lowered yourself to her level.

    p.s.- I'm so surperfuleous.
    Last edited by Turtleflipper; May 5th, 2006 at 05:00 PM.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sexual Harassment
    By JOEBIALEK in forum Politics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: July 13th, 2005, 07:40 AM
  2. Bill O'Reilly hit with sexual harassment suit.
    By Booger in forum Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 15th, 2004, 01:39 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 13th, 2004, 06:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •