Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gay marriage should be banned!

It hurts traditional values and weakens the fabric of society.
    Anti-Gay Marriage
    BTW I am gay so this is a reversal fourm.
    Last edited by Dr.Jackle; June 15th, 2006 at 05:12 AM.
    Resident Wolfman
    Of the Nandy Clan for World Domination
    since 2006
    Make something idiot proof and someone will build a better idiot!
    The fabric of society is pretty much just an old rag

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gay marriage should be banned!

weakens the fabric of society.
    Pffft, society is pretty much an old rag anyway.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Jackle
    It hurts traditional values and weakens the fabric of society.
    Anti-Gay Marriage
    SIGH...

Man this has been done to death, but what the hell, I'm feeling evil and I think the universe pretty much sucks at the moment.

Traditional values... define those.

Gay unions have been around for as long as recorded history, so the "traditional" argument fails.

The "fabric of society" argument was used by many in the later years of segregation, and eventually people found out that the universe didn't end if people of different races married.

And so, that argument fails.

Overall, society is a constantly morphing beast, evolving as all living things do. To think that by holding society in the grip of ancient values we would still have something positive consider the length of time it was okay to own slaves, buy your wife from your neighbor, or were expected to sleep with your brother's widow to keep his name alive.

With that, I'll exit this thread.

See ya in the funny papers.
    But if you do not find an intelligent companion, a wise and well-behaved person going the same way as yourself, then go on your way alone, like a king abandoning a conquered kingdom, or like a great elephant in the deep forest. - Buddha

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't this supposed to be the opposite of your actual views?
    Resident Wolfman
    since 2006

I've been given a "timeout"

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't this supposed to be the opposite of your actual views?
    In reality, slip is the guy stalking the pride parade.

So this is his oppisite face.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Turtleflipper
    In reality, slip is the guy stalking the pride parade.

So this is his oppisite face.....
    They seem more the of opposites sides of the same face.
    Resident Wolfman
    since 2006

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Umm... Gay people are evil. I know so because my Bible told me.

I feel that since gay people are evil, gay marriage should not be allowed because marriage is a Godly institution placed in our government.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." --Voltaire

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I just didn't realize this was in the REVERSAL section.

Nandy was kind enough to send me a PM telling me what an idiot I was being.

My bad...

As you were.
    But if you do not find an intelligent companion, a wise and well-behaved person going the same way as yourself, then go on your way alone, like a king abandoning a conquered kingdom, or like a great elephant in the deep forest. - Buddha

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't look like we have anything to say
    Resident Wolfman
    since 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Gay marriage should be banned!

Ok this is going to be really hard for me because I have some mixt feelings about the subject but hear we go any way.

Gay marige should be band simply because it hurts us all. Them simply being there is like a flag telling us all to do what they do. They wave there gayness at everyone. And that is out of the ordinary we should fear what we donít know and not even give it a chance. We should be so ignorant that we all become blind to most issues and not even care about the rights of people that are not normal and gays are definitely not normal. So we should fear them and exile them form all society.
    GO NRA

GO NRA

GO NRA

THE DAY THE 2ND AMENDMENT IS TAKEN AWAY IS THE DAY THE 2ND REVELUTION BEGINS!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

They also destroy the values of marriage. Marriage is bwtween a man and a woman. Marriage is meant to show a bond of santiconed love between natural beings.
    Resident Wolfman
    since 2006

ABCgum

Reversal is fun. Is this old? Sort of but I love it.

Gays are ruining my children and when I see them when I am walking with my daughter I want to scream. They make me sick. Gay marriages shouldn't be allowed unless goat to man marriages are allowed.

(definitley reversed of how I feel.)

The below text has been automerged with this post.

By the way:
    I have no kids lol.
    Last edited by ABCgum; July 1st, 2006 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Post Thanks / Like

agreed.

Homo-sexuality isn't natural. Un-natural things are bad. Therfore Homo-sexuality is bad.
    Last edited by Dr.Jackle; July 1st, 2006 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Resident Wolfman
    since 2006

Post Thanks / Like

well if we whare to let the people live in our sociaty thean thay would be allowd to have marige but we should exial theam becuse thay are unatreal basterds and should all be shot.

( compleatly difeant from what i beleave. even about the marige bit.)

you get it right git hahahahah not get but git hahahahaha
    Last edited by Zeadman; July 2nd, 2006 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    GO NRA

GO NRA

GO NRA

THE DAY THE 2ND AMENDMENT IS TAKEN AWAY IS THE DAY THE 2ND REVELUTION BEGINS!!!!!!!!

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Homo-sexuality isn't natural. Un-natural things are bad. Therfore Homo-sexuality is bad.
    COmputers aren't natural. Unnatural things are bad. Therefore computers are bad. THe argument falls apart, especially when faced with real life:

We're queer! We're penguins! Get used to it!

Wendell and Cass, however, take no part in these cunning schemes. They have been completely devoted to each other for the last eight years. In fact, neither one of them has ever been with anyone else, says their keeper, Stephanie Mitchell.

But the partnership of Wendell and Cass adds drama in another way. They're both male. That is to say, they're gay penguins.

This is not unusual. "There are a lot of animals that have same-sex relations, it's just that people don't know about it," Mitchell said. "I mean, Joe Schmoe on the street is not someone who's read all sorts of biology books."

One particular book is helpful in this case. Bruce Bagemihl's "Biological Exuberance," published in 1999, documents homosexual behavior in more than 450 animal species. The list includes grizzly bears, gorillas, flamingos, owls and even several species of salmon.

Not natural? More like TOO natural.

So it would seem that if homosexuality is natural, then by all means, why wouldn't marriage be a natural option for consenting adults?

(Currently I don't believe in gay marriage, so this is my "Hey I'm reversing my role" for everyone)
    But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.
    1 Peter 3:15-16

Post Thanks / Like

um... thats a good argument but also you must think about this thow computers might not be natruel but thay whare man made so thay cant be evel. or ronge becuse thay dont have fealings or whants or anything like that. so gay marige is man made but its also made becuse of a choice and thare is a "riches alternitive." so becuse its a choice ageanst nater or ageanst god that is way it is evel and not becuse it is un natreal.
    GO NRA

GO NRA

GO NRA

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Gay marriage has some major problems, though. It promotes an unhealthy lifestyle. Gay marriage should be banned to show that the government doesn't support such unhealthy lifestyles, and as a message to gays that they should change their behaviors. The same rationale applies to gay marriage that applies to using illegal drugs.

(Ugh, role reversal is harder than I thought)
    Last edited by Castle; July 4th, 2006 at 01:38 PM.
    Freedom is you choosing for yourself. Law is the government choosing for you. The two are opposites.

Pray - To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy - Ambrose Bierce
    Faith - Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge about things without parallel - Ambrose Bierce

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeadman
    um... thats a good argument but also you must think about this thow computers might not be natruel but thay whare man made so thay cant be evel. or ronge becuse thay dont have fealings or whants or anything like that.
    Atomic bomb then. It was man-made, had no feelings or anything. Was it evil or wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeadman
    so gay marige is man made but its also made becuse of a choice and thare is a "riches alternitive." so becuse its a choice ageanst nater or ageanst god that is way it is evel and not becuse it is un natreal.
    There were alternatives to the atomic bomb as well. Does that change it from nuetral to evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Castle
    Gay marriage has some major problems, though. It promotes an unhealthy lifestyle. Gay marriage should be banned to show that the government doesn't support such unhealthy lifestyles, and as a message to gays that they should change their behaviors. The same rationale applies to gay marriage that applies to using illegal drugs.
    Eating fatty foods presents a lot of problems and an unhealthy lifestyle.
    So should we ban unhealthy foods?

As for the statistics:

* One study reports 70% of homosexuals admitting to having sex only one time with over 50% of their partners (3).

Marriage would cut down on that being that it puts individuals into a contractual obligation to sleep with only one partner or few over a long period of time.

* One study reports that the average homosexual has between 20 and 106 partners per year (6). The average heterosexual has 8 partners in a lifetime.

See above. If they're forced into a relationship with only one or few individuals, that would greatly cut down on the rates.

* Many homosexual sexual encounters occur while drunk, high on drugs, or in an orgy setting (7).

A fair amount of heterosexuals can claim the same.

* Many homosexuals don't pay heed to warnings of their lifestyles: "Knowledge of health guidelines was quite high, but this knowledge had no relation to sexual behavior" (16).

I'm pressed to wonder, IF the health guidelines were "quite high" then why did it have no relation to sexual behavior?

* Homosexuals got homosexuality removed from the list of mental illnesses in the early 70s by storming the annual American Psychiatric Association (APA) conference on successive years. "Guerrilla theater tactics and more straight-forward shouting matches characterized their presence" (2). Since homosexuality has been removed from the APA list of mental illnesses, so has pedophilia (except when the adult feels "subjective distress") (27).

This has yet to be proven that the reason Homosexuality was removed was because of "Guerilla theater tactics." To boot:

302.2 Pedophilia

http://psyweb.com/Mdisord/DSM_IV/jsp/dsmab.jsp

So that would seem to be a mistaken source.

* Homosexuals account for 3-4% of all gonorrhea cases, 60% of all syphilis cases, and 17% of all hospital admissions (other than for STDs) in the United States (5). They make up only 1-2% of the population.

This could be due to a promiscuous lifestyle, which again, would be countered by gay marriage.

* 73% of psychiatrists say homosexuals are less happy than the average person, and of those psychiatrists, 70% say that the unhappiness is NOT due to social stigmatization (13).

Then what's causing it? Could it be that those who aren't happy are suffering from depression? Does the study count for that? What was the judging criteria by which it was deemed that homosexuals are generally less happy, and that it's not because of social stigma?

* 25-33% of homosexuals and lesbians are alcoholics (11).

Again, the same could generally be said of straight people.

* Of homosexuals questioned in one study reports that 43% admit to 500 or more partners in a lifetime, 28% admit to 1000 or more in a lifetime, and of these people, 79% say that half of those partners are total strangers, and 70% of those sexual contacts are one night stands (or, as one homosexual admits in the film "The Castro", one minute stands) (3). Also, it is a favorite past-time of many homosexuals to go to "cruisy areas" and have anonymous sex.

How many were being honest? How could anyone tell if they were being honest? This study actually uses a film to support it's conclusion?

78% of homosexuals are affected by STDs (20).

Again, gay marriage could reduce that number.

* Judge John Martaugh, chief magistrate of the New York City Criminal Court has said, "Homosexuals account for half the murders in large cities" (10).

What qualifies him to make that statement? Secondly, and more importantly, since when does the sexual desire of a murder factor into the situation?

Captain William Riddle of the Los Angeles Police says, "30,000 sexually abused children in Los Angeles were victims of homosexuals" (10).

Does he know that most seeming homosexual molestation cases are committed by heterosexual men?

* 50% of suicides can be attributed to homosexuals (10).

Would that be because of stigma and general mistreatment of homosexuals? Or because of that "unknown" reason for so many of them being unhappy? Does this account for those who, like straight people, may kill themselves over relationship or work issues?

* Dr. Daniel Capron, a practicing psychiatrist, says, "Homosexuality by definition is not healthy and wholesome. The homosexual person, at best, will be unhappier and more unfulfilled than the sexually normal person" (10). For other psychiatrists who believe that homosexuality is wrong, please see National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality.

The person who eats fatty artery clogging foods all the time is generally going to be less happy, by definition, because they're a fatass. Is that any reason to remove a natural right? Should we then outlaw fat people getting married?

It takes approximately $300,000 to take care of each AIDS victim, so thanks to the promiscuous lifestyle of homosexuals, medical insurance rates have been skyrocketing for all of us(10).

This may, like some above instances, be reduced incredibly by allowing them to marry.

* 37% of homosexuals engage in sadomasochism, which accounts for many accidental deaths. In San Francisco, classes were held to teach homosexuals how to not kill their partners during sadomasochism (8)

And this is a bad thing...how?

41% of homosexuals say they have had sex with strangers in public restrooms, 60% say they have had sex with strangers in bathhouses, and 64% of these encounters have involved the use of illegal drugs (8).

AGain, how are we to know they're telling the truth?

* The median age of death of homosexuals is 42 (only 9% live past age 65). This drops to 39 if the cause of death is AIDS. The median age of death of a married heterosexual man is 75 (8).

So now we're comparing single gay men to married straight men? Why not compare single straight men to single gay men, or allow gay men to marry and then compare gay men to straight men that are both married?

* The median age of death of lesbians is 45 (only 24% live past age 65). The median age of death of a married heterosexual woman is 79 (8).

See above.

* There is a notable homosexual group, consisting of thousands of members, known as the North American Man and Boy Love Association ( NAMBLA). This is a child molesting homosexual group whose cry is "SEX BEFORE 8 BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE." This group can be seen marching in most major homosexual parades across the United States.

The group is also denounced by numerous homosexual groups.

I'd like to see more conclusive, and definitely more RECENT studies on homosexuals before damning them.
    Last edited by Mr. Hyde; July 4th, 2006 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

ABCgum

Gay marriages will cause a cease in human reproduction because Gay's cannot reproduce and it is sinful to engage in sexual activities if it is not to produce life.

Allowing gays to marry is the equivalent to one day allowing goats and men to marry. It is unnatural for a man to love another man as it is to allow a goat to marry a man.

If we continue to go by what a consenting adult can do we may as well allow sisters to marry brothers. Allowing this can cause diseases like hemophilia as allowing Gay marriages will spread AIDS. Both can be the cause of disease and it should not be allowed because both diseases can lead to death.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ABCgum
    Gay marriages will cause a cease in human reproduction because Gay's cannot reproduce
    Gays have been around for hundreds if not thousands of years, and in lots of species of animals. It's never caused extinction. Why? Could it be that it, for some unknown biological reason will never become a majoral feeling?
    and it is sinful to engage in sexual activities if it is not to produce life.
    So infertile individuals having sex is immoral?
    Allowing gays to marry is the equivalent to one day allowing goats and men to marry. It is unnatural for a man to love another man as it is to allow a goat to marry a man.
    Slippery Slope. This is the same type of talk that was used when black people wanted to marry white people. Also, this is rules out by saying "Two consenting adult people."
    If we continue to go by what a consenting adult can do we may as well allow sisters to marry brothers.
    That provides a demonstrable harm that can't be allowed.
    Allowing this can cause diseases like hemophilia as allowing Gay marriages will spread AIDS. Both can be the cause of disease and it should not be allowed because both diseases can lead to death.
    Wait. They're promiscuous, and that spreads AIDS. So let's NOT let them marry, which would force them into long term monogamous relationships, because that would cause AIDS to spread how?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast