Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Post Thanks / Like

Walmart and an underground bunker?

Just watched a fascinating programme about Walmart. It appears they have a large bunker protected by in-house swat teams and razor fencing. Behind the electric fences are satellite communications and workers buried 3 stories deep in a terrorist protected den.

For a supermarket chain???

What gives here?
    ~ le prime di di mont la vacja no fas formadi ~

Owner / Senior Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    any other info? Link or source?

And it's a little more than a supermarket chain...it's the most profitable company in the world.
    -=]Apokalupsis[=-
    Senior Administrator
    -------------------------

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't find anything online.

In the programme, this guy from the BBC goes to a small town just outside the Arkansas border (can't remember the state) and finds the Walmart satellite communications HQ. It's apparently 3 stories deep underground and super-fortified with razor wire and guard dogs and its own personal SWAT team.

Fair enough but with the largest private satellite communications system in the world what on earth are Walmart doing there? They're a supermarket for God's sake!

They refused outright to speak to the reporter and it all came across as weird.

Perhaps we have a user here who lives near this place and can shed some more light on it?

Owner / Senior Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    You've been duped. There is no such thing.

Also, a tip off should have been that for a place with such high security, very silent/non-talking guards...somehow the "reporter" knew it was 3 stories deep. Also interesting how such a hush-hush bunker was easily found by a BBC reporter...but no one else in the world knows about it. BBC didn't report it either.

Reminds me of one of PT Barnum's more noteable sayings...
    -=]Apokalupsis[=-
    Senior Administrator

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like
    The local townsfolk gave the rumour of 3 stories deep. This was all contained within a bona fide documentary about Walmart.

Or have they got to you as well?

Owner / Senior Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    They must have gotten to me. I don't believe in "documented" spook theories presented by unsupported and non-credible accounts. I'll stick w/ the facts ma'am...just the facts.
    -=]Apokalupsis[=-
    Senior Administrator

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like
    Yet again, sjjs draws too close to one of the many conspiracies I am involved in, and brings himself evercloser to the line where he knows too much...
    -=]Iluvatar[=-
    Lurker, Former Staff

"I'm not really here. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what's good for them."

Post Thanks / Like
    *Groan*

Not another electric shock...