Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Owner / Senior Admin

Post Thanks / Like

Democrats...the "Great Pretenders"

Democrats and their very...short...memory...

STANDBY="Loading Windows Media Player components..." TYPE="application/x-oleobject">

WIDTH="352" HEIGHT="310" ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="1" ShowDisplay="0" autostart="0">
    Last edited by Apokalupsis; September 27th, 2006 at 08:55 PM.
    -=]Apokalupsis[=-
    Senior Administrator
    -------------------------

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. - Thomas Jefferson

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Democrats...the "Great Pretenders"

Oh, Freddie...whathisname. My dad plays that record all the damn time.
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME

I've been given a "timeout"

Post Thanks / Like

So because the opposition was expertly manipulated, they are what? They where wrong in there accusations, but Bush was wrong about his, and he took us to war. He has the burden of his choices to bear.
    I see nothing interesting here except perhaps the most blatant example of partianship I've seen in a while. Democracts, like republicans, are human and they are wrong sometimes. Surprise, surprise.

Owner / Senior Admin

Post Thanks / Like

Manipulated? Many of those beliefs stem back from the 90's under Clinton? Did Clinton manipulate them?

Also, it isn't the case that Dems cannot be wrong. It is the case that these particular Dems have blasted Republicans in their claims of WMD's, when they TOO believed them. It's one thing to have said "I never believed there were WMD's, and those who do are nutjobs". It's another thing to have held the same position and ignore that position in order to deceive the public and attack the opposition.

It's hypocritical TF.
    -=]Apokalupsis[=-
    Senior Administrator

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. - Thomas Jefferson

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I still like the Democrats better, but a horse of a different color is still a horse.

Why is this in shooting the breeze?
    Last edited by Snoop; September 28th, 2006 at 10:52 AM.
    While laughing at others stupidity, you may want to contemplate your own comedic talents. (link)
    Disclaimer: This information is being provided for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Apokalupsis View Post
    Manipulated? Many of those beliefs stem back from the 90's under Clinton? Did Clinton manipulate them?
    I do not know. I lack knowledge of that time. Saddam may very well have had WMDs in the 90s. He may have had them as we invaded the second time.
    But the evidence provided by Bush was crafted to appear more convicing then it was. Our war-delirium, or less likely, malicious intent, caused us to see what wasn't there, to the point we went to war over it. Bush at best did nothing to stop this.

Also, it isn't the case that Dems cannot be wrong. It is the case that these particular Dems have blasted Republicans in their claims of WMD's, when they TOO believed them. It's one thing to have said "I never believed there were WMD's, and those who do are nutjobs". It's another thing to have held the same position and ignore that position in order to deceive the public and attack the opposition.

It's hypocritical TF.

Perhaps. But those quotes would be more useful if given a date. I'm pretty sure at one point Saddam did have WMDs.
    People will do what they will to save there skins. They should be called liars if they lie, and given the appriopriate distrust. But to blast the entirety of the Democratic party, I do not condone.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Turtleflipper View Post
    Perhaps. But those quotes would be more useful if given a date.
    The quotes do have dates. Each quote shows who said it and when they said it.
    But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.
    1 Peter 3:15-16

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Saddam was one of the worst tyrants of the 20th-21st century, and there was some stiff competition. The Democrats recognized this. Yet, they don't seem to have any recollection of their pre-war comments.

Owner / Senior Admin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop View Post
    I still like the Democrats better, but a horse of a different color is still a horse.

Why is this in shooting the breeze?
    Because I offered no thesis or argument.

The below text has been automerged with this post.

Perhaps. But those quotes would be more useful if given a date. I'm pretty sure at one point Saddam did have WMDs.
    ...they WERE given a date. What are you talking about?

People will do what they will to save there skins. They should be called liars if they lie, and given the appriopriate distrust. But to blast the entirety of the Democratic party, I do not condone.
    I'm blasting the LEADERS of the Democratic Party that did this. Obviously, you, if you are a democrat, didn't. You aren't in the video.
    Last edited by Apokalupsis; September 28th, 2006 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -=]Apokalupsis[=-
    Senior Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure at one point Saddam did have WMDs.
    So am I, considering Saddam committed the largest chemical weapon attack in modern history when he killed thousands of his own Kurdish citizens with sarin, VX and mustard gas in 1988 in Halabja.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    The quotes do have dates. Each quote shows who said it and when they said it.
    Haha, cool. I retract the statement in awe of my own blindness. Apparently the bottom of the screen was invisible to me.

The below text has been automerged with this post.

I'm blasting the LEADERS of the Democratic Party that did this. Obviously, you, if you are a democrat, didn't. You aren't in the video.
    Well, if they do as you accuse, I can only ask in the future your expousing this type of thing is accompanied by less irritating music.
    Last edited by Turtleflipper; September 28th, 2006 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

The majority of the video makes a solid case, but you can tell that some of those comments did have some partisan tailoring. A lot could depend on context.

Well, if they do as you accuse, I can only ask in the future your expousing this type of thing is accompanied by less irritating music.
    Yeah, really, the music was very annoying .

A less analytical but more entertaining video:

[CENTER]-=] Starcreator [=-

Banned Indefinitely

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Apok
    Democrats and their very...short...memory...
    Weak. Essentially a video for confused conservative blowhards.

This one's way better:

Need to validate email

Life by the drop. I've come to understand just what that means.
    Post Thanks / Like

In today's politics, so mudied up that all parties seem to share the same faults at different times, makes me proud to be independent from all parties, even the one I align most closely with. (Libertatians)
    When the power of love becomes stronger than the love of power, there will be peace..........jimi hendrix.