Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

View Poll Results: Can Zombies Hold Guns

Voters
7. This poll is closed
  • Yes

2 28.57%
  • No

4 57.14%
  • Not In Real Life

0 0%
  • Maybe Not Sure

1 14.29%
    zombiewithguns

Zombies With Guns...Can They Or Can't They

Can a zombie hold a gun???
    We see it in video games and movies but that is not real life
    If a living dead was walking and happened to spot a gun could he pick it up or would his composing flesh and bone not cope with the weight of the steel???.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zombies With Guns...Can They Or Can't They

If zombies could physically walk the earth, then no, I don't believe they could pick up a gun.

I'm pretty sure rigormortis(sp?) alone would be reason enough they couldn't, not to mention a lack of blood flow to support the muscle contractions needed to pick up and hold a gun. And even if they did, zombies, traditionally, lack anything resembling decent hand-eye coordination, so I'm pretty sure if they DID manage to pick up a gun, they'd be worse shots than Storm Troopers.
    But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.
    1 Peter 3:15-16

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

"To me, humans are capable of being much scarier than any zombie. With zombies at least, they are usually slow and kind of stupid." -- Max Brooks, author or "World War Z".

A Zombie with a gun is a human with a gun, so it is possible.

Brooks credits Romero as the godfather of all current zombie projects.

"George Romero didn't start the genre," Brooks said. "There were zombie movies before him, but there were space movies before George Lucas, too.

"(Romero) redefined it. His zombie movies are deeply steeped in some kind of social commentary and I think a lot of that has fallen by the wayside. I think a lot of zombie movies are just focused more on heads being blown off."

Brooks' "World War Z" ascribes to Romero's vision as it details the political and social ramifications of a global zombie epidemic and an all-out battle between zombies and humans. There are government cover-ups and catastrophes as well as tales of personal heroism. It's told in a diary-like format that recalls the recent past.

"I think that social commentary is what keeps us coming back to zombies," Brooks said, "because the zombie genre kind of had its zenith in the 1970s. It was a time when we had an unpopular war, political scandals and social unrest. It seemed like things were falling apart around us. Lord knows those days are behind us, right?"
    http://www.dailysouthtown.com/entert...NT1-31.article

Why would a zombie need a gun anyway? If he wants to kill someone he just has to look scary. If he's trying to protect himself, it's a lost cause.
    Last edited by Snoop; November 28th, 2006 at 06:17 AM.
    While laughing at others stupidity, you may want to contemplate your own comedic talents. (link)
    Disclaimer: This information is being provided for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only.

I've been given a "timeout"

Post Thanks / Like

Technically speaking if he/she cannot support the weight of say a four pound Glock than how could they support their own weight?

Post Thanks / Like

Goodie, a gimmick poster.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but they'd take a -4 to attack for not being proficient.
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME