Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 911 Conspiracy

Nixeh Pixeh

Re: 911 Conspiracy

On the whole Loose Change thing:

You think that if the US Government could justify slaughtering thousands of their own innocent civilians, they would have no problem with silencing two kids who "uncovered" their "conspiracy".

Roatera

I don't know... I've watched loose change and I believe the evidence they have presented more the what the government has said about the subject. I've seen the pictures and what not, and I remember telling my wife the on 9/11 that towers don't callapse by fire if there steal.

The thing is that if the press release told they calapsed due to structural damage, then I would have believed them... but theres so much evidence. The thermite, the security called off a week before it happened, the insurance policies of building 7, the fact that building 7 colapsed in the first place... just to much.

It was an inside job.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know... I've watched loose change and I believe the evidence they have presented more the what the government has said about the subject. I've seen the pictures and what not, and I remember telling my wife the on 9/11 that towers don't callapse by fire if there steal.
    Steel doesn't have to completely melt in order for the towers to have collapsed. Steel loses like 50% of its strength when it is raised to the temperatures that the fires would have been at. That's why blacksmiths heat the metal before they bang on it with hammers--it becomes increasingly malleable.
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CliveStaples View Post

Steel doesn't have to completely melt in order for the towers to have collapsed. Steel loses like 50% of its strength when it is raised to the temperatures that the fires would have been at. That's why blacksmiths heat the metal before they bang on it with hammers--it becomes increasingly malleable.
    Does anyone remember back in May when a tanker truck hit a concrete and steel bridge and the bridge melted? Does this not put a damper on the claims that all the Rosies out there have made that fire doesn't melt steel?

Or perhaps this was just a Bush conspiracy, too?

MotherJones.com | MoJoBlog - Social Issues and Political Commentary: Fuel Tanker Melts Bay Bridge Freeway Artery
    "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

lol, I always chuckle at the "fire doesn't melt steel" argument. That jet fuel was burning at 900 degrees Celsius, of course the steel would have been affected. Do people think that steel stays intact until 1524 C, and then at 1525 dissolves automatically?
    [CENTER]-=] Starcreator [=-

Post Thanks / Like

Re: why can't people understand physics?

[QUOTE=CliveStaples;198259]How can people still believe the bullsh*t claims about 9/11 conspiracies when they've been debunked point-by-point by professionals time and time again?[/:]

The most horrendous conspiracy theory of all is the one the government has concocted. Common sense should tell you how ludicrous it is despite the propaganda of the controlled media.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob652 View Post

The most horrendous conspiracy theory of all is the one the government has concocted. Common sense should tell you how ludicrous it is despite the propaganda of the controlled media.
    Why would common sense do that? Common sense dictates that the towers fell just as they did. Common sense does not dictate that hundreds of individuals murdered thousands of US citizens with ZERO evidence left behind.
    "Suffering lies not with inequality, but with dependence." -Voltaire
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    Why would common sense do that? Common sense dictates that the towers fell just as they did. Common sense does not dictate that hundreds of individuals murdered thousands of US citizens with ZERO evidence left behind.

Obviously. However, common sense escapes the 9/11 conspiracy crowd, as does any knowledge of physics, chemistry, or for that matter, politics.

Post Thanks / Like

Huge sweeping statements like tht are just going to make you look stupid Bulls. It's belief in the solid-as-oak word of the government against the individual that gives governments the power they think they can abuse. Fact is that although the conspiracy theorists might have spent a little too much time thinking over this one, that does not mean people have to shuffle wholesale over to the government point of view. The Kennedy stuff earlier in the thread was interesting from the point of view of how much time has past since those events. Again - there is no direct evidence of a cover up but there is enough to sugest to large sections of the population (who were alive and have been born since) that something was not right there and that the US government - or parts of it - might not be afraid to take such bold gambles on the world stage like that.

I don't actually think there's much in the 9/11 thing. Terrorists are unpredictable enough, without throwing the US government into the mix. Plus the way Bush sat in that schoolhouse, listening to school kids tell stories after he'd been informed of the crashes just blows me away. That is genuine shock in a man who hasn't got the smarts and can't immediately consult his advisors. All the world was waiting for his response and he froze up. That more than anything else tells me that there wasn't a cover up and for sure if there was- he wasn't informed.
    “It is better to debate a question without settling it
    than to settle a question without debating it.”
    - Joseph Joubert

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Plus the way Bush sat in that schoolhouse, listening to school kids tell stories after he'd been informed of the crashes just blows me away. That is genuine shock in a man who hasn't got the smarts and can't immediately consult his advisors.
    Yeah, cos intelligence imparts the ability to quickly recover from trauma.
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard

Post Thanks / Like

Tell that to the guys who ran into the building to save others. They recovered from the trauma pretty quick when they had to. Bush wasn't weighing up the human damage, he was weighing up the political damage.
    - Joseph Joubert

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Tell that to the guys who ran into the building to save others. They recovered from the trauma pretty quick when they had to.
    Yeah, I'm sure that they were f*ckin skipping and singing merrily the very next day.

Bush wasn't weighing up the human damage, he was weighing up the political damage.
    Oh, bullsh*t. How the f*ck would you even know that?

Why do liberals presume that Republican presidents are Evil incarnate? As much as I think of politicians as being essentially corrupt, I do think that they're still Americans. And no American was thinking about f*cking political damage when they heard about 9/11.

Post Thanks / Like

Why? - History. Observation.

You know when you use an asterisk I can still tell which word you are using, don't you Cl*ve?
    - Joseph Joubert

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Why? - History. Observation.
    Yes, because you've observed the President so much. If by "observation" you mean "reading what other people wrote about what other people wrote about what he said".

You know when you use an asterisk I can still tell which word you are using, don't you Cl*ve?
    Hey, I'm going to pass on this opportunity to make fun of you.

If I just write ****, it gets censored. If I replace a single letter with an asterisk, it becomes sh*t, and is therefore still comprehensible to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda got that Clive - I was making fun of you. No need for asterisks mate. How about you try to win a debate without the keyboard dramatics? Try using some real words. Oh, and ideas.

Observation- Our press over here are much more likely to provide a warts and all profile of a public persona - ours and yours - than your press is. You can only be truly shocked by the difference, and how under control of the government your press coverage really is, by appreciating both. Ours is red in tooth and claw - nobody is safe from them. In comparison yours is largely a state apparatus.

The quietly intelligent, discerning American can tell this and formulates their own opinions. Clearly you don't count yourself in that category and are now going to tell me that I'm wrong about the press therefore validating my point that you've been brainwashed by your President and your press.
    - Joseph Joubert

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda got that Clive - I was making fun of you. No need for asterisks mate. How about you try to win a debate without the keyboard dramatics? Try using some real words. Oh, and ideas.
    F*ck and sh*t are both good, solid English words. Why are you raping my culture?

Observation- Our press over here are much more likely to provide a warts and all profile of a public persona - ours and yours - than your press is. You can only be truly shocked by the difference, and how under control of the government your press coverage really is, by appreciating both. Ours is red in tooth and claw - nobody is safe from them. In comparison yours is largely a state apparatus.
    HAHA!

The press supports Bush?

Where do you live, that your press is harder on Bush than ours? Iran?

The quietly intelligent, discerning American can tell this and formulates their own opinions. Clearly you don't count yourself in that category and are now going to tell me that I'm wrong about the press therefore validating my point that you've been brainwashed by your President and your press.
    Actually, clearly you don't count me in that category. How you can claim to know which categories I count myself in--other than, say, Christianity, from my tag--is a mystery to me.

I don't think Bush is an evil tyrant. I don't think he's a sociopath.

I think he's a politician. I think he'd lie for political gain. But I think that, like 99.9999% of Americans, he'd place his own personal goals aside to protect the country in the face of an act of war. Like 9/11.

Post Thanks / Like

Then, I guess he's got you exactly where he wants you then. Don't you think that his advisors would have considered your response? There are people. cleverer than you bhind this puppet President: there always are. And they're relying on your support and your silence to achieve their objectives. Go on then, be a good footsoldier. Keep fighting the good Bush fight and you keep arguing this case. I ain't buying: I have more respect for my intellectual integrity.
    - Joseph Joubert

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Then, I guess he's got you exactly where he wants you then. Don't you think that his advisors would have considered your response? There are people. cleverer than you bhind this puppet President: there always are. And they're relying on your support and your silence to achieve their objectives. Go on then, be a good footsoldier. Keep fighting the good Bush fight and you keep arguing this case. I ain't buying: I have more respect for my intellectual integrity.
    Let me get this straight: You're coming at me from the Right? You don't think I mistrust the government enough?

You're a reactionary?

Wow, I had you pegged as a liberal. Stupid of me.

Post Thanks / Like

I repeat Clive - I ain't buying: I have more respect for my intellectual integrity. Try it some time.
    - Joseph Joubert

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I repeat Clive - I ain't buying: I have more respect for my intellectual integrity. Try it some time.
    Where do I lack intellectual integrity?

Because I don't think the American press is controlled by the government into presenting a rosier picture of Bush than they would otherwise prefer?

Because I don't think that any American President would place political concerns over care for his country on 9/11?

Because I think that American socialization strongly emphasizes a national identity, which most American-born people will hold to?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast