Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 911 Conspiracy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: why can't people understand physics?

Moved from "Shootin' the Breeze" to "Conspiracies" to keep the thread on-topic

~Dio

So...this thread isn't really about understanding physics, huh? It's about martial arts tecnique?

A worthy subject, but sort of a false title.

Because there is a real issue...how can people can look at the fall of NYC's Trade Center towers and think that it was because of pure gravitational energy that those huge clouds of microfine dust billowed out?

And how was conservation of momentum suspended that day and no other? Physics911 Public Site

Sorry, maybe this looks like a hijack. Mea culpa...but the thread title...
    Last edited by Dionysus; January 5th, 2007 at 03:42 PM.
    Hendrix: "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

How can people still believe the bullsh*t claims about 9/11 conspiracies when they've been debunked point-by-point by professionals time and time again?
    If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe. - Soren Kierkegaard
    **** you, I won't do what you tell me

HOLY CRAP MY BLOG IS AWESOME

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CliveStaples View Post
    How can people still believe the bullsh*t claims about 9/11 conspiracies when they've been debunked point-by-point by professionals time and time again?
    Because the experts are lying. And their special physics don't really work out. But then, maybe you don't underrstand physics, CliveStaples...
    Hendrix: "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."

ODN's Crotchety Old Man

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 911 Conspiracy

Bump for PatrickHenry

Owner / Senior Admin

Post Thanks / Like

Pat, any evidence that the "experts" are lying? Is there are counter-rebuttal for their claims somewhere?
    -=]Apokalupsis[=-
    Senior Administrator
    -------------------------

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. - Thomas Jefferson

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

In honor of 'The View''s bringing on the idiotic Loose Change guys, I was hoping to kinda bring back this thread with a simple question; does anyone in this forum actually believe a 9/11 conspiracy theory, and if so which one? And secondly, and slightly off topic, should the show be held responsible for being a forum for such trash? I really don't see how this isn't worse than what Imus said. But thats a bit off topic.
    "Suffering lies not with inequality, but with dependence." -Voltaire
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions. -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    In honor of 'The View''s bringing on the idiotic Loose Change guys, I was hoping to kinda bring back this thread with a simple question; does anyone in this forum actually believe a 9/11 conspiracy theory, and if so which one? And secondly, and slightly off topic, should the show be held responsible for being a forum for such trash? I really don't see how this isn't worse than what Imus said. But thats a bit off topic.
    I do. There is no debate on the planet that would change my mind, either.
    "If you can not battle words with words and only words, your message is inferior." -Me, just a few minutes ago

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Can you offer any evidence, any at all of what you say, even a plausible scenario?
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions. -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.

I've been given a "timeout"

Post Thanks / Like

Can you offer any evidence, any at all of what you say, even a plausible scenario?
    The saudis were really behind 9/11, which happened exactly the way every non-retarded engineer said it did, and al-quedia is the fall-guy so Bush's friends don't get an ass-kicking and he (and his related clicque) keeps making money.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting position, certainly it was Saudi money that got them there. I'm not sure if I can say it was the Saudi 'government' though. In fact I'm almost under the impression the Saudis don't have a government, they act at all levels as if there is no coherent philosophy.
    I also find it a bit dubious to simply call them Bush's friends, Clinton, Regan, Bush I, Carter all got tons of money from the Saudi, in fact Clinton got the most money from the Bin Ladin family of any of them.

I've been given a "timeout"

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting position, certainly it was Saudi money that got them there. I'm not sure if I can say it was the Saudi 'government' though. In fact I'm almost under the impression the Saudis don't have a government, they act at all levels as if there is no coherent philosophy.
    As a monarchy, I've no idea whatsoever how they handle business. But being impossibly rich means they get lots of influence on those they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by shaq
    I also find it a bit dubious to simply call them Bush's friends, Clinton, Regan, Bush I, Carter all got tons of money from the Saudi, in fact Clinton got the most money from the Bin Ladin family of any of them.
    It sounds less crazy then "the ruling elite" but yes, his circle of friends is VERY large.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Turtleflipper View Post
    As a monarchy, I've no idea whatsoever how they handle business. But being impossibly rich means they get lots of influence on those they want to.
    I agree, way to much money, I don't think it helps that the monarch has been more or less brain dead since the seventies.

Post Thanks / Like

These are just my personal views. I look at it this way. There are always generally 2 schools of thought when it comes to possible conspiratorial scenarios. Sometimes even more. Like with the Kennedy assasination. A lot of people now believe that the Warren commission was a sham:
    74%
    [FOXNews.com - Poll: Most Believe 'Cover-Up' of JFK Assassination Facts - Polls | AP Polls | Gallup Poll | Opinion Polls

Seven in 10 Americans think the assassination of John F. Kennedy was the result of a plot, not the act of a lone killer:
    ABCNEWS.com : Poll: Lingering Suspicion Over JFK Assassination

By 1993 CBS News poll found 89 per cent of the population believed in the conspiracy and 81 per cent believed there was an official cover-up.
    The JFK Assassination

And the whole while those that believe it was a conspiracy are called "conspiracy nutjobs". You know the way it goes. Truth usually does not come out till people are near dead or dead when they no longer have anything to lose. And then to the delight of many you run across a story like this one day

E. Howard Hunt's Deathbed Confession
    Saint John Hunt, E. Howard Hunt's oldest son, yesterday dropped new bombshells about his father's story. Hunt was first made aware of what his father knew about the events of November 22nd 1963 when he came into receipt of hand-written memos that outlined the birth of the plot to kill JFK in Miami where it was discussed that a coup needed to take place in order to topple Kennedy and save the CIA from being splintered into a thousand pieces, as JFK had promised.
    Rolling Stone : The Last Confessions of E. Howard Hunt
    A/J Article and audio link:
    Son Of JFK Conspirator Drops New Bombshell Revelations
    Complete and utter silence from the media:
    portland imc - 2007.04.03 - Deafening Silence: E. Howard Hunt Deathbed Confession: was accessory to assassinating JFK

So, this does open the doorway to possible conspiracies. Actually they kinda make it hard on a brother not to suspect a conspiracy. So, it boils down to the fact that is is not time yet to have the 9/11 debate. We can have it in 37 years.
    "If you can not battle words with words and only words, your message is inferior." -Me, just a few minutes ago

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I understand, you are saying that because lots of people believe in a JFK conspiracy despite all evidence to the contrary, that there is a 9/11 conspiracy?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I understand, you are saying that because lots of people believe in a JFK conspiracy despite all evidence to the contrary, that there is a 9/11 conspiracy?
    No, what I am saying that there are grounds to believe that conspiracies are possible. The Hunt tape would lead you to belive that.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm not sure it would lead me there. I'm just curious why you tend to ignore achems razor. All things being equal the simplest answer is the best. Oswald could perform the task, had the motivation, opportunity, etc. Furthermore, there is no real serious evidence to the contrary. I guess I'm asking why do you need the conspiracy theory if there is a perfectly normal theory to go with and tons of evidence?

Post Thanks / Like

Check this, no way people like this have ability to plot conspiracy

Conspiracy is too much for them i think.?
    Dalai Lama:
    I believe the ultimate aim of all human beings is to obtain happiness and a sense of fulfillment. These objectives can be achieved through physical amenities and proper mental development, but the dominant and ultimate factor is the mental aspect. In order to achieve these objectives one must have knowledge about both mind and matter.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Ad Hom? Not that I think it happened, but someones ability to communicate clearly does not relate to their intelligence. Thats kind of like the pot calling the kettle black Nag.

Post Thanks / Like

Ad Hom? Not that I think it happened, but someones ability to communicate clearly does not relate to their intelligence. Thats kind of like the pot calling the kettle black Nag.
    Waa....you took my post seriously...
    Dalai Lama:
    I believe the ultimate aim of all human beings is to obtain happiness and a sense of fulfillment. These objectives can be achieved through physical amenities and proper mental development, but the dominant and ultimate factor is the mental aspect. In order to achieve these objectives one must have knowledge about both mind and matter.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Nag, you know there is nothing but love from here! :-) Good one.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast