Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Please solve this mystery

From the shoutbox a few moments ago - it's starting to gnaw at me (please read from the bottom up):

Today 08:58 PM Snoop
    I have a few theories - including the fact that the two strangers didn't know each other and were there for different purposes. By the way, the location was a winery.
    Today 08:50 PM Snoop
    Right around the corner I was sitting in my car and ANOTHER pickup truck pulls into the parking lot and parks. The guy gets out and starts scratching the ground with his foot and picks something up - I couldn't see what it was, but he washed it off in the creek and took it with him. He gets in the pickup truck and rides away. (true story)
    Today 08:48 PM Snoop
    The man was a total stranger and he was driving an old Toyota pickup truck - he had new boots on though. Before he entered the building he asked me if I knew who the owner was (I didn't). He was writing something in a pad as he was leaving the building.
    Today 08:47 PM Snoop
    Someone came up to me today and asked if I knew anyone who wanted to make a few million dollars. I said sure, lots of people - almost everybody. He just nodded his head and repeated my words as he walked away. (true story)
    Last edited by Snoop; April 14th, 2007 at 06:16 PM.
    While laughing at others stupidity, you may want to contemplate your own comedic talents. (link)
    Disclaimer: This information is being provided for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only.

I've been given a "timeout"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please solve this mystery

They wanted to have sex with you, and the first guy lost his nerve at the last moment, while the second guy couldn't even get NEAR you before loosing his will, and making some fake-move to hide his get-away

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Turtleflipper View Post
    They wanted to have sex with you, and the first guy lost his nerve at the last moment, while the second guy couldn't even get NEAR you before loosing his will, and making some fake-move to hide his get-away
    Turtle - I think you are way off base. These men did not look gay at all and neither do I.
    While laughing at others stupidity, you may want to contemplate your own comedic talents. (link)
    Disclaimer: This information is being provided for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop View Post
    Turtle - I think you are way off base. These men did not look gay at all and neither do I.
    Man, this was pure animal magnetism. It was like a once-in-a-life time moment, and these two guys just looked at you and said
    "I MUST HAVE HIM"

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get it. What's strange about this incident? The fact that you met two guys who were driving pickup trucks?
    Trendem

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trendem View Post
    I don't get it. What's strange about this incident? The fact that you met two guys who were driving pickup trucks?
    The first guy asked me if I knew anyone who wanted to make a million dollars and walked away without any explanation - isn't that strange?

The second guy picks up a trinket (that's all he did) and rides away - isn't that strange?

Neither man stayed long enough to buy anything or meet anybody - isn't that strange?

Post Thanks / Like

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Snoop, I don't know what to tell you. I live in Chicago so I've seen weirder **** around here.
    Hyde and Sylouette
    Married
    June 30, 2012

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Snoop - The first guy could have been trying you out as a potential patsy for some scheme he had in mind for extracting money from you. Your answer could have told him enough that he felt you were not the guillible schmuk he was looking for.

An alternative explanation could be that someone had asked him the same question, and that it was bugging him!

Another is that he was a psychologist doing some research into human reaction and reasoning processes.

If you ever see the guy again, go ask him.

Flip - The vid clip just tells me that the 'gay imagination' is as fertile as the 'so called' straight one!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." - Anais Nin.
    Emitte lucem et veritatem - Send out light and truth.
    'Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt' - Julius Caesar (rough translation, 'Men will think what they want to think')
    Kill my boss? Do I dare live out the American dream? - Homer Simpson.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Fruity may be on to something with the first guy, but the second one just puzzles me. What did he find there and was it something he buried there a while back?

Anyway, Syllie found it strange, so it's strange. Speaking of Chicago - I once stopped and asked a homeless man for directions. He wanted to get paid for his services. On another occasion in Chicago I stopped next to a SUV to ask for directions and he rolled down his window and shouted at me: "What the **** do you want!".