Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Online Debate Network.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Poll: Which country makes the best products?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

In general, which country makes the best products?

It use to be "Made in Japan" - now it's "Made in China" or "Hecho en Mexico". I see fewer and fewer products made in the USA. Please vote for your favorite haven for sweat shops.
    While laughing at others stupidity, you may want to contemplate your own comedic talents. (link)
    Disclaimer: This information is being provided for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Re: In general, which country makes the best products?

I'd probably say somebody like the Swiss make the best products. You dont get a reputation for meticulous work and quality by making crap.
    I typically cite original research papers and reviews that are available only to a personal or institutional subscriptional. If you wish a PDF copy of the papers I cite, send me a request.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Italians and the Swiss..Great Chocolate, Cars and shoes..What more can we ask for?

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Italians and the Swiss..Great Chocolate, Cars and shoes..What more can we ask for?
    Chrysler/Mercedes - a German car. BMW - a German car. Volkswagon - a German car.
    While laughing at others stupidity, you may want to contemplate your own comedic talents. (link)
    Disclaimer: This information is being provided for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Taiwan baby! I have gotten some of the best plastic trinkets from there...
    Catch22

I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Fiat, Lamborghini, Lancia, Maserati ...ITALIAN CARS!

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Germans, its almost like they are engineering machines!
    "Suffering lies not with inequality, but with dependence." -Voltaire
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions. -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Fiat, Lamborghini, Lancia, Maserati ...ITALIAN CARS!
    Try driving one of those cars over a pot hole and they become plastic and scrap metal.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Guess you have never driven a Fiat.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Guess you have never driven a Fiat.
    I've been in a Fiat - they're ok, but I can hardly get in the door.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

I am not going to vote, simply because the question is far too general.

Toyota Pickups are awesome. Have a laugh and get educated about the vehicle of the century!

Top Gear - Toyota Hilux - Yahoo! Video
    Last edited by FruitandNut; May 2nd, 2007 at 08:49 PM.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." - Anais Nin.
    Emitte lucem et veritatem - Send out light and truth.
    'Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt' - Julius Caesar (rough translation, 'Men will think what they want to think')
    Kill my boss? Do I dare live out the American dream? - Homer Simpson.

ODN Community Regular

Post Thanks / Like

Cars? What's all this garbage about Mercedes and Ferraris?

You do realise, Tink, that the Ford Mustang practically RAPED team Ferrari in almost every race the Mustang was involved in after its birth, right? Hell, there's been entire MOVIES made where cars where the main focus: Gone in 60 Seconds (original AND remake), Vanishing Point, to name two.

Not to mention, American cars, man. Challenger, Charger, Camaro, CHevelle, Nova, T-bird, we're talking gas guzzling thigh rumbling engines that let out a sheet greasing roar like a lion in heat.

Greased Lightning wasn't Eurotrash for a reason....no one's gonna bother singin about it, much less naming a movie after it.

America (maybe not so much NOW) used to have top quality products. Our industry has shrunken over the years, which is regrettable. But you just can't beat a metal frame with a dash board that'd knock your teeth out if you hit someone head on. That "Take me back in time" nostalgia provided by the classic hot rods for which there is only ONE nationality.

Nowadays...people have ZERO taste in cars. Hopped up rice burners with enough wings to be mistaken for a plane and bass cannons rattlin the windows or some low ridin European reject that could push a pack of cigarettes but would fold up like oragami if it even hit a road sign...insults to the automobile industry just like how most bikes are to the motorcyle industry. There's only premium product to get, and it has a seven letter word written after "Made In" and that word is "America."

Italian cars are impotency masks and I can't drive anything German without getting the urge to apologise to every Jewish person I meet.

Outside that, and based on the watches alone, I'd say Swiss is the way to go.
    But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.
    1 Peter 3:15-16

Post Thanks / Like

I choose made in Germany they ave the best product in Machinery. All people around the world know that except U.S.

I choose France if we talk about Fashion.

I choose U.K. if we want to talk about Military stuff, They are the only one have Vertical takeoff Fighter jet.

I don't get it why people choose China. They might be have cheapest stuff but they hardly make high end quality product. They can make so so quality but with higer price as well. The only genuine good product in china is art product.

About U.S. Stuff, what I know they make good Missile & Nuclear bomb. Other than that it's so so. But wait .... Texas Cotton is the best Cotton in the world, also U.S. Maine Lobster, Seattle Salmon, Hawaii pearl & entertainment industries. Is this product count?
    Dalai Lama:
    I believe the ultimate aim of all human beings is to obtain happiness and a sense of fulfillment. These objectives can be achieved through physical amenities and proper mental development, but the dominant and ultimate factor is the mental aspect. In order to achieve these objectives one must have knowledge about both mind and matter.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nagasena View Post
    I choose made in Germany they ave the best product in Machinery. All people around the world know that except U.S.
    Says who? I drive a BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagasena
    I choose U.K. if we want to talk about Military stuff, They are the only one have Vertical takeoff Fighter jet.
    Are you kidding? The abrams, the bradley, the F-15, F-22, the Virginia class submarine, the nuclear carrier, and for VSTOL aircraft, Joint Strike Fighter can do that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagasena
    About U.S. Stuff, what I know they make good Missile & Nuclear bomb. Other than that it's so so. But wait .... Texas Cotton is the best Cotton in the world, also U.S. Maine Lobster, Seattle Salmon, Hawaii pearl & entertainment industries. Is this product count?
    Now I know you are kidding me, we produce most of the worlds goods including the best electronics, textiles and aircraft.
    "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions. -G.K. Chesterton
    Also, if you think I've overlooked your post please shoot me a PM, I'm not intentionally ignoring you.

I've been given a "timeout"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    VSTOL aircraft, Joint Strike Fighter can do that as well..
    Key-word = joint

Who else is involved I wonder?

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Turtleflipper View Post
    Key-word = joint

Who else is involved I wonder?
    Its was named the Joint Strike fighter because it was a joint project between the Marines, Navy and Airforce. After it was accepted other nations were invited to purchase some of the aircraft as well. Irregardless, designed and built right here

I've been given a "timeout"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch347 View Post
    Its was named the Joint Strike fighter because it was a joint project between the Marines, Navy and Airforce. After it was accepted other nations were invited to purchase some of the aircraft as well. Irregardless, designed and built right here
    Bah, our Avro Arrow would've owned you guys

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Its cute that you think that turtle. On another note whats with Canada pretty much eliminating its military? You guys are down to like one division.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nagasena

Says who? I drive a BMW.
    I doubt that you are american then.....

Quote:

Are you kidding? The abrams, the bradley, the F-15, F-22, the Virginia class submarine, the nuclear carrier, and for VSTOL aircraft, Joint Strike Fighter can do that as well.
    Ok ok ok ...... I know you are military I never say U.S. Military stuff as a cheap stuff anyway

Quote:

Now I know you are kidding me, we produce most of the worlds goods including the best electronics, textiles and aircraft.
    Made in U.S.A.

but

I think Japan still hold the Gold medal for best electronic.
    And textile I think even U.S.A. France still inporting Good quality Textile from India & Indonesia.

And aircraft yaah let's add aircraft in my quotation

But my favourite air craft still Concorde
    Dalai Lama:
    I believe the ultimate aim of all human beings is to obtain happiness and a sense of fulfillment. These objectives can be achieved through physical amenities and proper mental development, but the dominant and ultimate factor is the mental aspect. In order to achieve these objectives one must have knowledge about both mind and matter.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nagasena View Post
    I doubt that you are american then.....
    Born and raised, I know tons of people who drive German cars, Audis are pretty good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nagasena
    I think Japan still hold the Gold medal for best electronic.
    And textile I think even U.S.A. France still inporting Good quality Textile from India & Indonesia.
    We are most certainly importing from Indonesia, they make awesome shoes and textiles. And I'm not sure, though Japan makes awesome electronics to be sure, Dell, Apple, Microsoft, TX Instruments, are all american.

Quote Originally Posted by nagasena
    But my favourite air craft still Concorde
    She sure was fast, and the accident record was undeserved, it was a great aircraft.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast